Friday, April 1, 2011

Swingin' in 1946


I was a swingin' girl in '46. At three swings grabbed my attention. My dad and others at the time would simply cut a board the right length. I'm sure that was relative. Then they would bore a hole in each end, stick a rope through each hole, tie  knots under the seat and then tie the other ends of the rope on a tree branch that grew pretty much  parallel to the ground, but not necessarily.   It was cheap and it worked just fine.

I almost threw out this inferior photo, but I love the expression on my face.

I'm sure there is something deep I should discuss tonight, but my mind in shallow.  It has been a long, hard day and  I'm ready to doze off.  Should probably crawl under the covers and nestle down nice and warm...with my bed socks on before, I fall asleep.

As Jimmy Durante used to say, "GOOD NIGHT, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!"

No comments:

Post a Comment