Monday, April 1, 2013

Quiet Time


With a boy who has just turned three, there isn't much time to be still. There is too just much to do. But Caleb was winding down, cuddling in his mother's embrace, playing a computer game. It was almost time to crawl into bed. He was tired. It's a sweet time for mother and child.

I'm loving the feel of this page. Doilies are 'in' right now for scrapbooking pages. I'm really not sure how these styles come about. Are doilies in with decorating? I don't think so, but perhaps I've just missed it. They don't seem to go with other looks in model homes I see.  So who decides what the style is for layouts?  Whatever the case, I like the look and in my opinion, it is especially nice with this layout.

Another style that has become popular lately in digital scrapbooking is a copy of  regular paper/ glue scrapbooks which have become simplified with plastic pocket pages, where one just drops photos, cards, etc. into pockets.  On March 24th  I did one of those pages.  It is fairly popular in the digital world, but I don't get the point. It isn't any easier... actually it may be a little harder in some ways...and the look is definitely not as finished as an artistic approach.

It's been a quiet day here, at least on my part.  I managed to change the linens, but other than that, I've pretty much been at the computer. I opened the door twice to accept deliveries, but other than that... 
QUIET. On a regular busy day, I would have dreamed about having a day like this, but sorry to say I haven't appreciated it as much as I thought I would. So back to normal tomorrow.

Wish we could go back to the normal in our world, back to when people were less likely to harm others for fear of being caught, punished and being ashamed. That is gone now. It is a sad time in our history.

No comments:

Post a Comment