Thursday, July 29, 2010

Layout Competition

I've been doing so many layouts lately that it is sometimes difficult for me to decide which one to use in this blog. I could load more than one a night, but choose not to overload. I might just bore you all to death and then I'd have no friends, no audience.

It's not like I have a truly valuable skill and I'm not really working, so to feel good about what I'm doing, I need to imagine someone is enjoying it.

This layout turned out better than I had hoped. I like the way the larger picture now looks like a weathered painting. I like remembering the fun the kids and grampa had that day...and their dad as well. I like thinking about how much Ashley is like her mother and me... no worms for her.

It's always good to get away from the stress and worries of this world and thrive on little daily joys.

Speaking of stress and worry. We need to keep our eyes open and talk to others as well. We don't dare 'fall asleep at the wheel'. You know we as citizens are represented by those in Congress...and if they are not doing their jobs correctly, which are to represent our wishes, we need to oust them. November is coming.

I read a quote from Thomas Jefferson today that is so meaningful to us right now with Arizona being slapped around by the feds.

"[T}he States can best govern our home concerns and the general government our foreign ones. I wish, therefore...never to see all offices transferred to Washington, where, further withdrawn from the eyes of the people, they may more secretly be bought and sold at market." Thomas Jefferson, letter to Judge William Johnson, 1823

No comments:

Post a Comment