Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sunset

We took a few friends out for a relaxing ride around the lakes. What better thing is there to do on a nice evening?

I love the length of daylight in summer. Of course, after June, the days start getting shorter by a couple minutes each day. I wish I could see daybreak; but it isn't in me to get up that early any more. I did all my life, but now I'm retired...no kids to see off to school, not even any pets to rouse me. My cat is much like me. She'll stay in bed until I go down and get her. Seldom does she even make a sound before I get there, no matter what time that is.

And of course, I'm babbling again. We took a boat ride. Linda and Al, Virginia and Jim, Hugh and Kay seemed to enjoy it as much as we do.

What a difference a few minutes make. If the sun moved as quickly all day long as it seems to when it starts to fall, our days would be no more than a couple hours long.

No comments:

Post a Comment