Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Our Water LIly

Ron hasn't seen all the water lilies at Southgate Park. I'm glad to let him be proud of his water lily that he ordered on the inter net. It is very pretty, or was. How long do they bloom? I need to find out because this one wasn't there very long.

I'm fine with just the lily pads though. They remind me of my friend's home in Watercolor, Florida, which she named the Lily Pad. And those rounded 'leaves' are very pretty on their own.

We've been here five years now and this area is starting to look the way I want it. It can be done much faster with a little professional help, but we enjoy the progress and the money we save.

Not sure why I'm so interested in saving now, while our president is so busy spending all we have and what we and our children and grandchildren will have for many years to come. Before long our dollar bills will be worth less that the paper on which they are printed.

My friends and I have too many children among us who are willing to work hard and well and are looking for jobs. All are college grads, some with their masters degrees. Not much out there. High taxes are killing all business. And in Washington, they are striving to pass the Cap and Trade Bill which will multiply the problems for everyone. If you are one of the 10 people out there who think we don't pay enough taxes, I'm sorry for you. You are quite welcome to pay as much as you want. Just leave the rest of us alone.

Here I am 'fiddling while Rome burns'. All I know to do is oust this administration as soon as possible, and pray we can repair the damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment