Wednesday, July 21, 2010

You Don't Want Your Picture Taken

Look at the beautiful smiles on the faces of Chelle and Greg, Ashley and Mason. We know they are enjoying being together on the water.

Aussie is at it again, hiding from the camera...or almost hiding. He's like the ostrich with it's head in the sand. He doesn't see the camera, but it sees him just fine.

At the bottom, Mason gladly hides Aussie from my lens. I'm sure that was comfortable, Buddy.

As you can see, I don't have a lot of sympathy for him. Years ago one of our six was 'camera shy'. I was always frustrated when he would turn away when I wanted a shot. But now I know how very much we would like to have photos of him as a child. He would like them as well.

That is why I'm more persistent and 'sneaky' with Aussie, catching him off guard at play when I can.

We are hardest on ourselves. I know that is true. When I look at myself in the mirror, I see all the defects...and there are LOTS of them. My looks are no secret I can hide, beyond a little make up and the right clothes. But when I look at others, it is as if it is with different eyes.

My suggestion to those who really don't enjoy having your picture taken, humble yourselves, relax and make your friends and family happy. People love you just as you are. You are beautiful to all those who love you. We look past your imperfections and into your heart. And we want to remember you.

Please see to it that your children and their children will know what you looked like at this age, whatever that is.



No comments:

Post a Comment