Sunday, December 26, 2010

Is Christmas Over?


It just isn't right.  From Thanksgiving on, time past while I gasped.  All of a sudden it was Christmas. Yes, we were ready, but just barely.  There was not a moment to spare.  The layout shows Christmas morning. We were able to get pictures of the tree and table before our 'children' arrived.

And just look how relaxed the cat is here on the chair. She managed to stay out of the fray. Later when everyone was moving about she lost herself in the basement out of the hubbub. When all had quieted down a bit, she reappeared...just in time for her dinner and bed time.

Okay, so today is the day after and I'm not ready to give it up yet.  We decorate and then in a few minutes, it's time to take it all down.  We welcomed our family and then said goodbye.  But it isn't over!  Not for me. We'll keep ours a while.  I need some time to enjoy the lights, stars, angels. And my china just makes me happy.  Surely I should be able to look at these birds all winter.

Can you remember when you were a child and Santa took forever to get here?   What has  happened to time?   I think I know why we changed to digital... all the hands spun off the clocks some time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment