Monday, October 31, 2011

The Halloween Cow




Caleb has just recently been saying, 'moo'.  He also said the three  little pigs go la, la, la.   I don't know the name of the book and I won't tell him pigs don't say la.  It is just too cute to hear him quote that book.
My favorite picture here is of him in his cow costume, sitting on the curb eating something from his stash. I think his first Halloween has made a good impression.

I thought of making a frame around his close up of bright orange, but it overpowered his sweet, sunny face, so I've used the softer hues. 

Traditional Halloween colors are orange and black. Out of the blackest of holes crawled some this weekend who are out to smear Herman Cain. I would be the first to denounce him if I thought for a moment that there was any reality  to the  gestures he was supposed to have made.  It is reported that  they embarrassed and made the two ladies angry, but that the gestures were not overtly sexual.  Okay, that being said...what is the issue?

As Republicans we look for a clean background.  We search for a man or woman who has a good reputation.

In this world of over active lawyers, anyone can be accused of wrong doing at any time. But when those claims are found baseless, the person is still innocent, not guilty. 

We are not talking an Edwards or a Clinton here.

3 comments:

  1. He is eating popcorn from the local ACE hardware. much better than all the candy he got and he LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Sandra Boynton book called "Moo, Baaa, La La La". She is one of our favorite Children's authors! It redeems itself. It goes like this:

    A cow says Moo.
    A sheep says Baa.
    Three singing pigs say La La La!
    "No, no!" you say, "that isn't right. The pigs say oink all day and night."

    Rhinoceroses SNORT and SNUFF
    and little dogs go RUFF RUFF RUFF!
    Some other dogs go BOW WOW WOW!
    and cats and kittens say MEOW!

    Quack! says the duck. A horse says Neigh.
    (It's quiet now. What do you say?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the book now that I heard the whole thing.

    And I'm glad to hear he liked the popcorn so well. That was the way I was as a kid. I'd take one bite out of a candy bar and then put the rest in the refrigerator. That is where it stayed until mom threw it away. I didn't like chocolate until I was about 60. I still don't like anything that is icky sweet, except for a certain cinnamon roll that I have to avoid...you know the kind. Remember the little breakfast place in Ft Collins where I got the HUGE one ..after eating a normal breakfast?

    ReplyDelete