Monday, July 16, 2012

Calypso


These picture were taken May 30th at Cedar Point. I don't want to be an 'old' grandmother, so I rode as many rides as I thought would not be too hard on my aging  body. I've always liked this one. So I jumped right in a car.  However, about 2/3 of the way through, I was wondering why I  did it.  When the ride ended and I walked to a nearby bench, the kids ran around to the entrance and bounded back up on that platform and ran to other cars. Since the park was not busy that early in the season, they had no competition and rode over and over again, I think at least 5 times.

Not only am I trying to work with my older photos first, but I wanted to use my newest collection  from www.scrapgirls.com. It is Visionsary by Amanda Fraijo-Tobin. I love the artistic feel and bright colors.

 I installed some new styles today as well, but alas, I couldn't use them on this layout. It's too bad because, if I don't use supplies  soon after purchasing them, I often forget that I have them.  I have too much.  I certainly no longer need to buy anything more, but they draw me like a boy to dirt, or a girly girl to ribbon.

It's nice to know that I really don't need more papers, elements, styles, etc and that if for some reason I could no longer buy any, I could still scrapbook forever.  I don't need the web  to do my work,  but I will need electricity, so I'm hoping that we can get a president who will not kill private enterprise and competition, so that I can continue to get the electricity I need to keep our family history in scrapbook pages. I know many third world countries and others not considered that poor, have black outs regularly. That  could very well happen to us, since those in command right now don't want us to have more than the rest of the world. It is embarrassing for them and they have to apologize all the time for our country's 'wealth'. I prefer keeping our wealth and building more, while lifting the rest of the world the best we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment