Monday, July 30, 2012

Good Boy



It is a joy to tell you that Caleb is a good boy.  What more  could a parent, or a grandparent want? He listens well, he is aware of the rules. Just remember, this is his gramma writing. And of course my grandchildren are the most wonderful in the world...just as are yours.

Today I had a strange thing happen. I am ready to prosecute.  Very first thing this morning I got a call which immediately started out "The FBI"....about home burglaries. I hung up as is my practice. I've been told that is not polite, but it is a machine!  I'm just saving them time, since I will not bite. I won't buy over the telephone. I don't really even like the telephone.  Anyway, I got several more calls from the same place this morning...at least 7. And even more strange, they were coming from different places, at least different things popped up on my phone.  It must be a new way to skirt the law.  Have they been taking lessons from our president? 

 How in the world do they think they will make a sale by totally annoying a possible customer? Now with that said...I wonder if there was another aim...was it really to sell me a product or service or to find out when I would answer the phone or something else? Perhaps the purpose is to cause one to unplug the phone out of exasperation. The world is pretty frustrating  right now, even without such interruptions.

Okay, now that I've ranted,  I  want to say something positive. 

It Can't Get Any Better Than This (Taken from Back to the Bible)
A popular magazine carries a section in which it offers its readers the opportunity to send pictures of their part of the country and tell why they think it's the best. Month after month, people send in beautiful photos from all over the United States, and invariably someone will comment about their particular area, "It can't get any better than this."
This is what Christ has done for us. Through His blood He has cleansed us from our sins. The past is forgiven. Through His Word we have the wisdom to live day by day. And through His Spirit we have the power to be His witnesses wherever we are. Through His resurrection we have the assurance that we, too, shall be raised beyond the grave to spend eternity in heaven. Everything is taken care of—past, present and future.
Have you thanked Jesus yet today for meeting your every need? There is nothing that can be added to what He has done and will do for you. It just can't get any better than this.

 
" I have been crucified with Christ; it is
no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me;
and the life which I now live in the flesh
I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved
me and gave Himself for me."
[Galatians 2:20]

No comments:

Post a Comment