Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Doing the Impossible



I got quite a scare today. I had a few minutes and thought I'd run down to get another picture of Ron at work. I figured I'd find him digging and shoveling sand behind the iron sheets. However, when I got down there I couldn't find him anywhere. It was quiet with only the sound of water washing gently  up to shore. But then something caught my eye. In the lower picture you can see some scaffolding over the water. Today, that had turned on it's end and slid into the lake. I was frightened.  I knew the water was not deep enough to drown Ron, a good swimmer.  However, he could have hit his head on a rock or something. As I ran back to the house to the telephone, I imagined terrible things. When I grabbed the phone, I instinct fully called Ron's cell phone.  He was in the garage!  I was never more thankful to reach him quickly.

The job he is doing seems so over whelming to me; but he is determined....determined to do the impossible.

It would also be impossible for  me to find peace at this time in our country's history, if it were not for my trust in the living God.

Today is Day 6 in our 40 days of prayer before the election.

Early voting started today. In many parts of the country, people can vote without proving their  identity or citizenship. Now remember, one can not do much less important things without proof of their identity. For example, one can't fly on an airline, drive a car...and I could go on, without valid identification.  However, it is called voter suppression if they are asked for their identification.  Anyone of sound mind should realize that is really grasping for excuses.

I pray that God will be an integral part of this election and bring to light all instances of fraud.   I pray that all Christians will consider it important to get to the polls and cast their votes for the man who supports the morals found in the Holy Word.

I hope you found time to watch the debate tonight. It was interesting to hear what each one had to say, but quite disconcerting that the president kept insisting something about Mitt Romney's intentions that was utterly untrue.  And I love Mitt's little quip.  It went something like this: As a father to five boys I'm used to having them try to tell me something over and over hoping I'll believe it.

Sleep well.  Trust God.

No comments:

Post a Comment