Friday, October 12, 2012

Not Reluctant to Pray



When Chipper raised up and saw my camera, she gave me this reluctant look, as if to say,"There you are with that stupid camera again.  Don't you ever give it a rest?"

I'm not reluctant to speak about the VP debate.  I finally saw it tonight and am so glad I did get to see it personally. If I hadn't, I would have had an entirely different impression of how it went.  I kept hearing about what a super debater Biden was. Well, in truth, two different times he ignored the questions and gave his prepared speeches very well.  However, a debater must be able to listen and contradict if necessary.  He couldn't do that. He was extremely rude, grinning, shaking his head in disbelief, mocking, interrupting with denials but no real facts.  He quoted all the Democratic talking points that have been proven false.  It was really a poor showing for someone who could actually become president if something happened to Barak Obama.  That  possibility is actually frightening.

On the other hand, Ryan did exceptionally well. He stated his case with facts and was kind in spite of  Biden's downright disrespectful actions.  It did tickle me a little to see the slight smile on his face. It seemed that Paul was quite surprised  that Biden was so, can I say, unprofessional? Perhaps immature is a better word.


There is a Bible verse that seems to describe the debate last night.  "If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet." Proverbs 29:9

We are now on Day 15 of our 40 days of prayer for the election.

This election is a very important one as our enemies are growing stronger under our poor foreign policy. Some are building armies and weapons to be used against us. We can only do so much to protect ourselves at any time.  We must rely on God to help wherever we lack anything.   Read this Bible verse and pray that God will deliver us.

"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.  I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies. " Psalms 18:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment