Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Big Secret Comes Out

Friday I showed you two old birds in Lahaina...birds of a feather. So tonight I've decided to let you in on a secret of mine. Something I hate to admit. Are you ready?
I'm afraid of birds. Yes, they are beautiful and sound so pleasant...most of the time. But since I was a small child and a big mean goose chased me all around a farmyard, I've had a fear of all feathered creatures. I've tried to face that. I feed wild birds, or at least I have in the past. I like to look at tame ones in cages, but just don't let them out. I know it is irrational. I know it is a phobia, but my emotions take over for my brain when their wings flutter in my direction.

This day in Lahaina, a gentleman had his pet parrot perched on his shoulder and was offering the chance to make a picture with the bird. Wow, what a scrapbooking opportunity that was. I couldn't turn it down. I faced my fear...and you know what? I lived through it. I might even do it again. But I am ashamed to admit that the next time I'm near one of those feathered friends, my feelings could take over once again.

It's much like some of our voters now...they are voting with their emotions because of something that has impressed them as a child or just because of what they have always heard from their friends or on TV. It is a feeling that has been engrained in their subconscious somehow. Perhaps they have heard that Republicans are rich and greedy for example. If this was once true, I don't know. But I do know this, the very wealthy are most often Democrats at this time. They think they are so smart and that we, the little people are so ignorant that they have to take care of us. they feel a need to make laws about every little thing for us. They are taking away our freedom so quickly now that if you keep up with what is happening daily, you'll see that it is like a strong wind, consistently blowing everything right out of our hands. Take a look around you. Think for yourself. I for one would not vote for any party right down the line. I want to find people who believe I am capable of making my own decisions. I don't want to be lead around like a puppy of a leash. I will make mistakes and learn from them. Just let me be!

If you haven't examined anything that has been poured out on you by the media, stop and think. What are their motives? What do they want for you and your country? What do you want for you and your country? Then DON'T BE A BIRD BRAIN! Vote with every bit of intelligence the good lord has given you. We need every vote to cast off the oppressive regime.

1 comment:

  1. HA! I didn't know you were afraid of birds! You have pictures and bird cages etc. all over the place- at least you used to. Funny, I had no idea.

    ReplyDelete